Laptop advice?

vaziri07

Baseband Member
Hi my friend is looking to buy this laptop, he said he posted here earlier and people just insulted him because he made a typo or something, so im posting for him lol.

Anyways, he is thinking of getting this laptop :
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10118382&logon=&langid=EN&test_cookie=1

What I want to know (because he is rushing into getting the laptop, i personally dont think he even needs one right now) is if it is worth 900 some dollars.

He claims he wants it for a lot of music and movies, not very much gaming, he is content with games that require low specs (the only one i can think of atm is WoW, or maybe CS : Source, if any of u happen to know the specs, im not sure those are just examples of some of the lower spec games on my computer), so ya, gaming isn't a huge requirement for him.

Also, he would rather u guys dont recommend laptops, as they will probably be higher price, different store / area, but if you believe it will really help, then feel free (it's why im posting for him, he's not too good with these things).

Thank you for any help! :)

He can easily get much cheaper laptops that perform better from places like Newegg and TigerDirect. As far as this computer goes it is well worth the 900 dollars. It has a good processor, a nice integrated graphics chipset, 4 gigs of ram, and a beautiful screen. Like I said you could get a cheaper laptop that performs as well if not outperforms this one. But if he doesn't want that than you can tell him that this is a good buy!

That will be a good laptop for his needs. It has a great processor, plenty of hard drive space, a good amount of memory and decent graphics. It should handle WoW and CS: Source just fine and play movies and music perfectly.

If I may, there is one i would suggest at the same price. It's the HP Pavilion 17" Laptop featuring AMD Turion X2 RM-72 Dual-Core Mobile Processor. It has a larger screen, faster CPU, a slightly smaller hard drive, but a much better graphics system using the ATI Radeon HD 3200. Movies will look/play better and it will support many more games.

:D

That laptop looks fairly good except for the integrated graphics...it has a nice HDD and CPU is decent, I really like the ram as well. Have you ever tried searching for a laptop on Newegg?

Yeah the one he chose will definitely do him fine for what he needs it for..After all laptops really aren't supposed to be an everyday workhorse but more of a mobile thing. The one that the Rooster suggested would be better in regards to the CPU, Graphics and Screen size but like he said has a little smaller HDD but there are plenty of things to offset that such as storing the majority of your files on an external hard drive or even on your desktops hard drive. And it is also at the same store that he planned on getting his from and is the same price so that may make it easier as well for him.

Also on behalf of the community I would like to say sorry for this:

Hi my friend is looking to buy this laptop, he said he posted here earlier and people just insulted him because he made a typo or something, so im posting for him lol.

If you would kindly tell him that it is not an everyday occurrence on this forum and it is not common practice for newcomers to be bashed on things such as grammar and that it was most likely more of a joke than anything. If it was anymore I'm sure that if the mods are made aware of it that they will deal with it in the necessary manner.

I suggested this notebook to your friend a few weeks ago.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodd...me=laptop_sony&logon=&langid=EN&test_cookie=1

Also on behalf of the community I would like to say sorry for this:

If you would kindly tell him that it is not an everyday occurrence on this forum and it is not common practice for newcomers to be bashed on things such as grammar and that it was most likely more of a joke than anything. If it was anymore I'm sure that if the mods are made aware of it that they will deal with it in the necessary manner.

He was not bashed on grammar. Your friend made false claims when people were attempting to assist him.

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?p=903200#post903200

Back
Top Bottom