Whats slowing my GTX 260 down

xp actually supports 3.5 gigs of ram so getting 2 more gigs of ram would be very smart. Those 2 extra gigs will provide a huge increase in performance and will make the bottleneck on the 260 smaller. I would advise that you get the extra 2 gigs over a new cpu for now as that will have a bigger difference.

Not true at all. First of all, he would need a 64-bit OS. You don't really see much of a performance increase between 2GB and 4GB in gaming. When using very memory intensive applications such as Photoshop and any editing software, the extra 2GB kicks in.

I disagree Rohan. First of all its a fact that xp or Vista recognize and use a maximum of 3.5 gigs in the 32-bit version of the OS. 64-bit recognizes 4 gigs of ram and more. You will see a huge performance boost from 2 to 4 gigs of ram especially in memory intensive games like GTA 4, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Farcry 2.

When you overclock your GPU, you don't really noticve much of an increase in performance

yeah, overclocking your gpu will only yield about a few FPS more...

It helps a HUGE amount. Before I oc'ed my HD 3850 in Spore maxed out I got 21 fps average. After I overclocked I got 28 fps average. It can make that big of a difference!

with low FPS the difference is more noticeable, I don't overclock my 4850 because the difference between 50 and 55 or so FPS isn't noticeable, a GTX 260 won't see much of a difference because it's not gonna get only 20 FPS in very many games, a GTX260 will push at least 50 FPS in most games unless it's being played at a higher resolution...

I disagree Rohan. First of all its a fact that xp or Vista recognize and use a maximum of 3.5 gigs in the 32-bit version of the OS. 64-bit recognizes 4 gigs of ram and more. You will see a huge performance boost from 2 to 4 gigs of ram especially in memory intensive games like GTA 4, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Farcry 2.

Really, dude? Okay, tell me that again after you check this out.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/709/3/

Crysis had the most increase with 5 FPS. I don't see that as a huge performance increase.

idk its hard to say about the cpu but there are alot of good posts on here, im running a 24" monitor at 1920X1200 with a HIS Radeon 4870x2 2gb, and an intel core 2 duo e8500 at 3.16ghz and it runs amazing in games but i think im getting some bottleneck

Well any increase is better Rohan. Just to tell you they didn't have GTA IV or Farcry 2 on that list and those games get a tremendous boost!

Back
Top Bottom