ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Mobo

Jake Harris

In Runtime
Hello Everyone,

I'd like to thank Worship for linking me to a webpage that has AMD motherboard's that support DDR3, I've been looking all week and I couldnt find any! I'm a Intel & AMD supporter but I've had the best expeirence's with AMD Processors. I have a question about PCI 2.0 x16 Slots, The ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Mobo has 4 PCI 2.0 Slots, And are able to run Dual Triple x16, x16 / x8 / x8 or Quad x8.

Out of those 3 selections, Which one would be the most high preformance?

Sincerely,

Jake,

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to thank Worship for linking me to a webpage that has AMD motherboard's that support DDR3, I've been looking all week and I couldnt find any! I'm a Intel & AMD supporter but I've had the best expeirence's with AMD Processors. I have a question about PCI 2.0 x16 Slots, The ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Mobo has 4 PCI 2.0 Slots, And are able to run Dual Triple x16, x16 / x8 / x8 or Quad x8.

Out of those 3 selections, Which one would be the most high preformance?

Sincerely,

Jake,

it is one of a few AMD boards that "supports" triple channel, in the fact that DDR3 can be installed and run, it does not however run that triple channel memory in triple channel mode like the Intel boards will, only dual channel mode is supported...

now to the question, I would run two high end cards in the two x16 slots...

Where does Asus say that motherboard supports "triple channel" memory operation? It is purely a dual channel supported motherboard.

AMD's support for triple channel will come with the release of their 6 core processors slated for the end of the year.

A quad SLI setup will be the fastest. The processing power of 4 GPUs will overcome any perceived loss of bandwidth running at x8.

My cousin just bought this with phenom triple core and 2GB of RAM and it starts up in about 10 seconds ready to go

A quad SLI setup will be the fastest. The processing power of 4 GPUs will overcome any perceived loss of bandwidth running at x8.

two 4870x2s would be 4 gpus...

;)

Where does Asus say that motherboard supports "triple channel" memory operation? It is purely a dual channel supported motherboard.

AMD's support for triple channel will come with the release of their 6 core processors slated for the end of the year.

"support" is a funny word in this instance, that's why I choose to put it in quotes here and in my previous post, sure it "supports" it because it can be installed and run in dual channel mode, but it doesn't support triple channel memory in triple channel mode in the true sense like the Intel boards do...

You do realize that there is absolutely no difference between "triple channel" DDR3 and "dual channel" DDR3 other than the number of memory modules. DDR3 isn't "triple channel" memory per se. It's an improvement on DDR2 offering twice the data rate and higher bus rates.

My bad on the GPUs. I was thinking SLI, not Crossfire. :eek:

Can you imagine running four 4870 X2s in a quad Crossfire setup? :eek:

Hey Everyone! Thank's for the replies.

To Wolvarine, Would the Motherboard still be able to have Triple Channel DDR3 in it? But only run at Dual Channel? I'm only buying 8GB because the 4GB are extremely expensive right now, So I'm going to wait till the price's drop on them then buy the 4GB's to get the full 16GB of Memory that is available on this motherboard.

To Atomic, I'm thinking of running Four 4870's on my board... I'm buying the 3 GHz Black Edition X4 AMD. So... I should have the graphic's to match xD I do intend to read up on overclocking AMD's and overclock the X4.

To Holysky, I'm buying the AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition, With 8GB Of DDR3 1600 MHz. I dont know my full setup right now I'm trying to decide as I'm looking for reviews on everything and trying to get a good setup. But, This system will be smoking fast.

Holy crap his plays games on high with a 9600gt and triple core.

could you imagine Crysis, maxed with that system. Beautiful..........

Talking about my system or his system xD and I'll be upgrading to 16GB of DDR3 when the price of 4GB Stick's come down.

Thats waaaaaay to much. anything above 4GB isn't going to do anything spectacular unless you do some intense graphical editting

Back
Top Bottom