Does my PC have a activity logger installed?

nickireson

Beta member
Hey.
I may have reason to believe that there has been an activity logger of some type installed on my computer. Im not sure but all of a sudden my C drive has a bunch of wierd files (see screen print). Any advice on how to check, or just as to whatt all the odd files are would be appreciated. Thanks alot.

Untitled.jpg

I am able to remove mine through the control panel because it is also a remote desktop connection that allows the IT guy who worked on my computer to monitor my computer from his computer. I didn't disable it because he would see and I would get in trouble. I keep my activity logger to make sure my family or friends who use my computer don't do anything I don't like.

Maybe you can download a program that gets rid of it. If you are really desperate to get rid of it you can wipe your hard drive clean, then reinstall your OS and all the other things you may have. But that is annoying and a hassle to do for a program that isn't really dangerous or worrisome.

Activity and keyloggers leave no visable trail like that. It defeats its purpose.
Go back to the date which is stamped on the files. It is 02/23/2009. Did you install any new software on that date? Are you running a word processor or a database? They use a lot of temp (TMP) files. You can run ccleaner and/or findjunkfiles to clear them off. If they come back think about the last program you ran and odds are good that's your culprit.

Back
Top Bottom