Would this work? GPU/MOBO

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 Question

Well than Wolvarine definitely go with the 3850 AGP. It is the most powerful AGP card you can get and it runs all my games really well!

sorry for being a noob, but where does it say that. i haven't reall looked into the newer boards.

If you Crossfire, you will only be able to run up to 2 monitors. The GPU's start acting like one card. Just how many monitors are you trying to run? You won't be able to run anymore than 2 monitors for the three cards. You can run them each differently and go up to 6.

1500 watt PSU's should be safe in a home environment, as at an efficiency factor of 80% which the PSU's typically go a bit beyond at higher power draws, equals out directly to 1800 watts, which is what exactly what the outlets are designed to provide. There's a problem if you have lower voltages than normal. If you want to be sure, nothing is stopping you from using PSU's with 220 volts in a home environment, which is doable if you know what your doing. I don't think in any circumstances on that setup you would ever ever draw more than 750watts however.

I am not wanting to crossfire the 4870's, so can i just set the 3 up and run them (2 monitors from each card) and combine the six as one screen and/or 6 diffirent multiple screens or would i just have 6 multiple screens?

you should be able to, just don't use a crossfire bridge. and put each one into the slots.

Back
Top Bottom