RAID Cards

ghost, he'd need new ram with that board.

OP: I just don't get why you are going to try this. If you get it all slapped together and it just can't handle it, what are you going to do? You'll be out 40-60 bucks for your mobo. If you really want, here's a cheap mobo too but shipping is a PITA. At least you could reuse your ram with this one.

ram is cheap like 20$
and it would be a life time of great vids anywhere in my house
besides my current mobo only has 256 MB of ram anyway
so i was going to add more and that means taking out the old anyway
so why stop at the cheap
when ill have the wonderful blu ray vids streaming through my house on a secure wireless N network

ram is cheap like 20$
and it would be a life time of great vids anywhere in my house
besides my current mobo only has 256 MB of ram anyway
so i was going to add more and that means taking out the old anyway
so why stop at the cheap
when ill have the wonderful blu ray vids streaming through my house on a secure wireless N network

I don't understand your thinking. If you are going to replace the mobo and buy new ddr2 ram, why not just do a new build. That processor is a POS anyways...I just don't understand why some people "upgrade" when they really aren't doing themselves a whole lot of good...ya know? I'm not trying to be rude...I mean it's your money, but seriously...and plus you said you need a new PSU anyways....PSU, RAM, MB...That's halfway to a new 'puter.

what else would i do with a pos pc?
i guess i could shoot at it with a rifle.............. if my dad doesnt want it

what else would i do with a pos pc?

Sell it. To someone that only needs something for basic needs like internet browsing and word processing. That's what I do with my old PCs...I mean hey, a few bucks is a few bucks...better than spending a fortune half-upgrading something that won't really be worth it IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom