what heatsink do i need.??

myles363

In Runtime
my old comp needs a new only and nothing expensive cause my dad is just gunna use it for internet and such....cheap!!

the cpu on it is

Intel 630 P4-3.0ghz processor w/ 2mb chache

and the mobo is

Intel D915G motherboard

thanks for the help. i will be buying one i a day or two, so please help in my decision. thanks

The stock cooler will do just fine. If you're having some over temp issues you might want to remove the heat sink and give it a good alcohol bath. I do that to all of mine at least once a year. I smoke so it leaves a film on the fins that blowing doesn't get off. I clean it real good and let it air dry for a half hour on a stack of paper towels. In the mean time I clean off the cpu and put a dot of thermal paste and spread it out. Making sure the heat sink it dry I put it back on and lock it down.
You do not have to remove the cpu chip to clean it.

How on earth did that break? You can bust a car window with those stock Intel coolers.

i know atomic, but does that mobo able to have a back braket?? i think i need one with out that. one of the prongs got bent and it doesnt fit into the whole. old enough, just thought i buy a new one anyway...

Either of the heatsinks I listed will work fine on the Intel D915G. Instead of using the push pins like the stock cooler, you just screw the HSF into the backplate. You will have to remove the mobo of course to install the backplate.

Back
Top Bottom