Laptop - very hot!

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
My Dell Vostro seems to run extremely hot when running Vista 64-Bit. It says that the CPU is 69°C, is this normal, I think thats too hot as my desktop runs around 30°C, although laptops do generally run hotter. The fan seems to be on a lot too and all I'm doing is listening to music and browsing the internet, its not slow either. It just seems stange as this does not happen when I have XP, XP x64, Vista 32, Windows 7 x64 installed (yes, I have tried them all :p), but Vista 64 i my favourite and I want it to work, I just don't understand this. Thanks in advance for any help.

If there's no load on it, that's a little hot (although laptops do run hotter). It might have to physically be cleaned out.

The highest load it has reached was 44%. Its only a few months old and I have opened it up, there was not dust anywhere. Also it continues to blast out scorching hot air when nothing is going on, like the HDD indicator isn't even flashing at times. This only happens whn I have Vista x64 installd though.

Definitely clean it out. Sometimes my desktop gets unusually hot so I just open up my case and clean out the dust and other crap from the fans and mobo. Sometimes I also move some cables for better airflow.

Those temps might be pretty close to normal. If it's blasting out scorching hot air, you know that there's some air moving, at least.

I have been monitoring it with realtemp and I have worked out exactly when it gets hot. When no music is playing, it around 50 degrees, as soon as I listen to music, this jumps right up and the louder I turn up the music, the hotter the laptop gets. I tried updating the audio drivers, this did nothing, its really strange.

Back
Top Bottom