this looks like a good cheap board...

Gigabyte makes a very good board. That one has some nice options and the SB700 southbridge chipset which is a big improvement over the SB600 series.

Dont do it man. Not just newegg reviews but actual online reviews have shown that the bios on that board is shit, even the updated ones, the gpu has problems if you have a 125+ watt processor (color bleeds, constant monitor flashes), overclocking will be ok but youll need to spend extra cash for mosfet and chipset cooling, the pci x16 bus is known to short out if you try to do some epic clocks with any video card.

Im not trying to bash the board but theres a big chance youll get f*cked if you get that board. But dude if your not gonna do anything really hard core with the board then go for it

Aim alittle higher in price and you can find a bulletproof motherboard, that actually will save you money in the long run. try these:

ASUS M4A78 780G
Gigabyte 790GX

Yeah the prices are high but it'll be stable and in the long run it will cost less than that $70 gigabyte mobo.

Got links Prodigy? I haven't seen many problems using that board, much less any like what you have described.

i hear gigabyte makes good boards, but my friends and I always have bad experience with them. For my friend, it was either not starting, or getting errors like a ram slot failing, and for me, the dual bios never kicks in. I think we just have bad luck or something.

Back
Top Bottom