can't boot from cdd

kay1

Beta member
i want to reinstall but i can't boot from the cd drive. i changed the boot sequence to cd rom for the 1st boot device, saved changes and restarted, but it just gives error messages...this is the exact error message. we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully . a recent hardware or software change might have caused this. (you probably know what message i'm referring to so i won't type the rest) someone else tried to help me and told me to burn fdboot.iso fto a cd and it should tell me if my boot options are correct because he said they could be wrong, but my sister said they are right. i put the cd in and now my pc won't stop rebooting continuously. then another guy tried to help me and he said burn dban to a cd and i tried it and it wouldn't work. he said that would wipe out the whole hard drive which is what i am trying to do. i am trying to wipe it clean so i can reinstall windows xp. can someone help me? thanks.

i've been asked that same question. i don't see it anywhere. it never pops up.

Hmm. . .

Try pressing F8 at boot. That should give you a menu of devices to boot from. Select the CDROM that contains your install disk. This is a legit copy of XP correct?

Back
Top Bottom