Vista won't let me access my hard drive

Rover1

Beta member
hello,

i cant access my external hard drive. whenever i try to open it, it displays an error message saying access denied, but i am the administrator. i have tried the registry thing but this is only for folders and files. i have tried to change the ownership and this want work either!

any suggestions?

Vista has some problem's with the administrator, If you havnt enabled the super admin you will have to enable it to install certain programs and do certain things.

Steps To Activate Vista Super Administrator

1. Open Cmd As Administrator by searching it up, right clicking on it and doing it as run as administrator.

2. Type in Net User Administrator password (Put the password you want in place of password) Then it should say command completed successfully

3. Type in Net Administrator /active:yes then it should say command completed successfully,

Then log off or switch user and go on that account and it should work.

sorry i don't quite understand the first bit, i have opened the cmd but when i right click it, it doesn't say anything about administrator

i have figured out how to do it now, but i can't change the password it says the access is denied

Back
Top Bottom