High End Gaming Computer Setup

Thanks, I'm not buying this all at once. I'm buying it in section's as it is a very expensive computer and not many people can afford to get it all at once and yes Remeniz, I'm able to invest a good WC rig, and I can maintain it xD I'm doing all my research and I'm just planning ahead of time, but I'd say I wont start buying until around end of april start of may. So there may be new thing's out then... But hopefully the price's for this stuff may drop but I'm doing a re-do of the setup if anyone would like to add me on msn and help me. I do plan on re-doing the network in my house first before I get my Gaming Computer Built... So I can have it ready once I get my gaming computer set-up.

a 1600w psu is way overkill and expect that build to absolutely wreck your light bill even if it doesn't use all those watts, if you ever upgrade to/build a system that would require that much power it may even require "changes" to your home's electrical infrastructure to pull all those watts safely, great psu, probably the best for extreme wattage requirements, but this article also warns of the hazards of trying to pull that much power from an average home, if you're gonna get it and try to maximize it's potential I would strongly recommend reading this [H]ard|Forum review...

I was looking at the Raptor 300GB 10K Rpm, But it was about 350$ more then my current setup, But I plan on re-doing the setup with the help of a couple people so if anyone would like to help + help my design my network for my house please add me on msn at IT.Jake@live.com

EDIT: If you dont have MSN... And you still want to help... PM me and I'd be willing to start up a online chat room so you are still able to help.

yeah that is a pretty insane setup but as wolverine just pointed out that PSU is overkill and a half there is no way you will need that much power for that rig. Also are really going to run 3 gtx 280s? I mean why not just get the 295's while your at it? I really am having a hard time understanding how one really is an extreme gamer but has been gaming on a dual core LAPTOP... I mean I just dont get it....But as far as the rig goes make sure to post some pics and benchmarks when you get it running...:D:D

I agree with Poker and Wolv. , the PSU is way overkill, and you need to be running 2560x1600 to make those three GTX 285s close to being worthwhile.

And you only need WC'ing if you are an overclocker, and you know what you are doing. OC'ing a Q6600 to 3.0GHz does not qualify you as an advanced OC'er.

I agree with Poker and Wolv. , the PSU is way overkill, and you need to be running 2560x1600 to make those three GTX 285s close to being worthwhile.

And you only need WC'ing if you are an overclocker, and you know what you are doing. OC'ing a Q6600 to 3.0GHz does not qualify you as an advanced OC'er.

X2

That's the point I was getting at in my original post about suggesting to not do WCing. I just figured people would put 2 and 2 together sinces it's been talked about frequently enough. If he's OC'ing, drop it. If he's not OC'ing, drop it. If he's going to INSANELY OC it, then keep it.

Well I couldnt afford a high end gaming computer at the time xD So this Dell Laptop has been working good though xD I will defitanly post some pic's and rigs, My friend build's custom case's from scratch so I may get him to build me on. And the 295's are out!? I thought they wernt out yet. Would a 1000w Ultra be suffice then?

^ get solid state

like 4 of them

4 solid states are gonna be pricey, hell, 2 would be pricey, plus their reliability (besides the Intel ones which are the most expensive) are pretty much in question right now from everything I've been reading, I would wait on the SSDs...

id get a 350w psu and run all that, then it would work sick, lol jk, that is a pretty sick setup going, but my pentium 4 @3 ghz would blow any cpu off the charts. lol jk. I want to see this thing when its complete

Back
Top Bottom