Hacking a PSP's Firmware?

Yep, with an Pandora Battery and an magic memstick!

But not all PSP are able to be hacked nowadays. What do you have? IE PSP-200X series.

I had a firmware of 3.72 and it was pretty easy to roll back to 1.50, didn't need a pandora battery. I'm just wondering if I get a new one (fw 5+?), would it be possible to roll it back?

PSP with 3.50 or higher FW needs an pandora to get it to custom FW.
I dont see how you got 3.72FW to 1.50FW unless it was already hacked with custom FW. Did you have Official or Custom FW when you had 3.72?

The Slims cant go back to 1.50, mainly because it never had 1.50 to begin with, people tried to run 1.50 on slims, but all they got was bugs and errors, so they used an homebrew called Time machine, which makes the PSP think its 1.50 while it actually isnt.

The newer ones (the ones in stores) cant be hacked as of now. The new 2000 slims (usually the ones with 4.XX FW installed) came with an new Motherboard other than the older 2000 slims, which means it cant read off the pandora battery or the magic memstick.
The 3000 series came with an different motherboard too, its not the same as the newer 2000, so people hoped it was available to downgrade. But no luck.

As of now, people were able to install HEN on the 3000 series due to the SPARTA exploit, which needs the game Gripshift. So I would assume the ability install custom FW, wont be long. But who knows, it might. Guess we have to wait. ;)

pm me if you want to know exactly how and i can help you make a pandora..hacked many psps, althougth this topic is not to be discussed here guys.

pm me if you want to know exactly how and i can help you make a pandora..hacked many psps, althougth this topic is not to be discussed here guys.

thats most likely not going to help him since he said getting a new PSP. The newer ones doesnt read the pandora or the magic memstick. The chances of him getting an hackable PSP are pretty slim unless he either buys one online where it states it or get an second hand PSP.

You kinda can't install it like that... Need to do something to bypass the original firmware security, and gotta know what you are doing or you might end up bricking your PSP, unless it can read off the pandora. If it can, then brick it as much as you want like me.

Damn Teny, you know ALOT about PSP's lol

Not really, theres actually a lot more when having an Custom Firmware PSP, the things I know are really just the basics to have Custom FW.

yeah you cant..i will make a pandora and ship it to him if you want... thats what i was saying, trust me, ive got pretty much banned from gamestop :) for hacking so many of the psp's there.

Back
Top Bottom