Ati radeon 3200

oo00Acedude00oo

Beta member
Hi i have an Ati radeon 3200 intergrated graphics, 8gb ram, Amd quad phenom 9950+. The problem is that i was told the graphics has memory share upto 1gb depending on how much memory you have installed! How can you tell? The games i'm playing at the moment have to be played at the lowest settings!!! Should this be and why?

On-board graphics doesnt have dedicated RAM. So it takes your system RAM, which is why when you check on your system properties, it doesnt display the full amount of ram. Like for example, you have 1GB of ram, yet when you check your system, it states you have 8xxMb of ram, why? because the rest went to the on board graphics.

With onboard, most games you play would be on low settings. Thats why you need to get an Graphics Card if you plan on gaming. It helps a lot, can go from low settings to high (depending on what you get and what you play of course).

8GB is more than enough RAM BTW. Most people usually only go up to 4GB now, unless they want to try out that triple channel thing, or for other personal reason.

Back
Top Bottom