High End Gaming Computer Setup

Jake Harris

In Runtime
Hello Everyone,

I'm a Extreme Gamer and Computer Enthuisiast and I'm re-doing my whole network in my house to fulfill my gaming need's (New Router... Cables... Modem... And So On) I am currently playing my game's on a Dell XPS M5130 Laptop. Which can handle my game's good but not on high setting's which I dont like. So I'm building this High End Gaming Computer and re-doing my network so I can have the best setup and network possible for gaming. So If you have any comment's and suggestion's please feel free to post :)

Setup​

Case - NZXT Temptest Gaming Case - http://www.xoxide.com/nzxt-tempest-gamingcase-black.html

If I am missing anything important, Please tell :) I hope you like the setup, Comment's and suggestion's would be great! I currently have a 24" Sceptre Monitor so no need for a new monitor x D​

Overall Price - $2,525 Canadian

EDIT: I Forgot To Put In It's 12GB of Memory, Not 6GB​

I'd recomend putting in some extra cooling. That builds gotta generate quite a bit of heat. Coupla fans and whatnot.

I wish i could get an i7, that would be awesome. ^_^

I didnt have cooling on the list :) I'm getting water cooling for it and several fan's to cool everything that cant be water cooled.

EVERYTHING can be water cooled
from the RAM to the HDDs to the GPUs to the CPU north bridge and south bridge
and even the Vregs for the CPU can be water cooled
and its not actually water, or it shouldn't be
that's a conductive liquid
mineral oil would be better by far!
and that's a lot of $$$$
just don't forget the resivor, pump, and the radiator
plus the fans for the rad

Unless you know REALLY (and I emphasize that) know what you are doing, don't do watercooling. It's a waste of money, and honestly isn't much better than air.

BTW-Check NewEgg Canada for prices...they may be cheaper or much cheaper than Tiger.

I'm a computer enthusiast but I've never used water cooling before. But with the Motherboard I have my eye on, You need watercooling because of the setup I am doing. I watched a couple video's on it, and if you dont want it over heating they highly recommend Water Cooling.

Let me give you an unbiased view to water cooling a rig.

First of water has a lower thermal transfer characteristics than air! So get it right and you can cool the CPU to just above ambient air temperature.

It can be much better than air cooling. You just need to invest in high quality gear to do the job. Just like the difference between a sub-standard heat-sink and a premium grade heat-sink.

As to knowing what your doing with water cooling? It's pretty much the same as building a hi-Q PC. You need plenty of common sense. Just do your research and ask others that have water cooled for their opinion.

Water-cooling itself is a great hobby, one that I would do if I had the time & money to maintain it, and those that do it enjoy it.

So think about if first. Do you have the time to look into WC'ing?, Do you have enough to invest in a decent WC rig?, Do you have the time and expense to maintain it? And do you really want it?

If you answer yes to the above then go for it otherwise spend your money on a decent HS and a few fans.

I don't agree to those that say WC'ing is not worth it or isn't much better than air.

Thanks, I'm not buying this all at once. I'm buying it in section's as it is a very expensive computer and not many people can afford to get it all at once and yes Remeniz, I'm able to invest a good WC rig, and I can maintain it xD I'm doing all my research and I'm just planning ahead of time, but I'd say I wont start buying until around end of april start of may. So there may be new thing's out then... But hopefully the price's for this stuff may drop but I'm doing a re-do of the setup if anyone would like to add me on msn and help me. I do plan on re-doing the network in my house first before I get my Gaming Computer Built... So I can have it ready once I get my gaming computer set-up.

High End Gaming Computer Setup? i dont see any solid state drives xD.. jk

why dont you go for a faster drive? for like $30 more you could get a 300gb 10,000 rpm drive

Back
Top Bottom