Coffee Accident

Uhm, I completely agree with you, however it was not ME who powered it up. It was powered back up by my mom before I knew anything about it happening.

I know that HDD recovery might cost a lot of money, but the money lost in losing the sensitive information on the HDD is more important!

The computer is being taken in this morning. I'll let you guys know what happens...
Well I know it wasn't you who powered it up, I just said that the mistake was made. She should have known that drying it out with a hairdryer wasn't going to be enough.

I just don't understand why people don't back up, or triple-back up sensitive data.
Read the edit to my previous post....:)

Yes, Backup is a priority in any business.

She understands that, my computers are all backed up on an external HDD and for me most of my valuable pictures and things are on my website/photobucket.

I had bought her a 4GB jump drive for backing up purposes for Christmas... She just hadn't done it yet.

A friend of mine spilled coffee on her laptop once, and we washed it out with distilled water. He only let it dry for a few hours and tried to turn it on with no luck. I told him to LEAVE it for 5 days. She did that and after 5 days of drying out, all of it worked, except the RAM. I dont know why the RAM stopped working, but she replaced it, and its working fine. She has a external HDD for backing up his information since she goes to college.

Update...

HDD information is recovered... computer itself is done...

She's spending $620 on a new Presario delivered 2 day express.

Should be better than her Acer anyway.

I know yall will ask for specs so here ya go!

Compaq Presario CQ60Z customizable Notebook PC
NK154AV

* – Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
* – AMD Athlon(TM) X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-62 (2.0GHz)
* – 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* – 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
* – NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
* – 15.6" diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
* – SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
* – Microphone + Webcam
* – Wireless-G Card
* – HP Color Matching Keyboard
* – 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
* – 65W Adapter
* – Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
* – HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

I had her on the line for a guy on ebay who sells refurbished units for $480 shipped. She wants it next day and would have better peace of mind buying new. HP is also doing 90days same as cash and she has an HP card so that makes her want to do it through them more. The HP card is only for HP and she says her other cards are raising interest rates right now so it's not the way to go.

I told her there are better deals out there but she said she doesnt mind spending more to get her business taxes done on time, her computer back, and all of her work files back so she can do her job!

All in all at least she has her files.

Back
Top Bottom