Need help choosing new Video Card.

MasterAndrew18

Beta member
Hi i just got a new computer yesterday and I am looking to upgrade the video card. Im dont know much about video cards or what is the best price for a good one. I am looking to spend 100$-150$
Im not looking for the best card. Just something that can run cs, wow at near max settings. and maybe even good enough to run new games.

My computer Specs:
Model: a6750f Hp

Sleek, shiny and powerful black-and-silver desktop with 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 960 quad-core

750 GB hard drive, 8 GB installed RAM (16 GB max), 16x multi-format/dual-layer LightScribe DVD drive

54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); Gigabit Ethernet; ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (256 MB dedicated)

Connections: 6 USB, 2 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 headphone/line-out, 1 microphone, 15-in-1 memory card reader

Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version); includes keyboard and mouse

I am also not sure of what type of card i need. I believe its PCI-E.
If anyone can help me choose the best video card for my price range that would be awsome. I prefer nvidia but ati is ok.

I am looking into the Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT

Hi i just got a new computer yesterday and I am looking to upgrade the video card. Im dont know much about video cards or what is the best price for a good one. I am looking to spend 100$-150$
Im not looking for the best card. Just something that can run cs, wow at near max settings. and maybe even good enough to run new games.

My computer Specs:
Model: a6750f Hp

Sleek, shiny and powerful black-and-silver desktop with 2.3 GHz AMD Phenom X4 960 quad-core

750 GB hard drive, 8 GB installed RAM (16 GB max), 16x multi-format/dual-layer LightScribe DVD drive

54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g); Gigabit Ethernet; ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics (256 MB dedicated)

Connections: 6 USB, 2 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 headphone/line-out, 1 microphone, 15-in-1 memory card reader

Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 (64-bit version); includes keyboard and mouse

I am also not sure of what type of card i need. I believe its PCI-E.
If anyone can help me choose the best video card for my price range that would be awsome. I prefer nvidia but ati is ok.

you left out your most important spec when picking a video card, your power supply, including brand name, watts, amps on 12v rail (s), if your psu is decent a 4830 or 4850 would fit your budget...

If you can scrounge up the dough, I'd grab this or this.

If not, this'll do you just fine! :D

EDIT: I hadn't even thought about PSU, like wolv. said. I check on newegg and that's why I didn't see it cuz they don't have the PSU listed. You've only got a 300W PSU according to HP, so you will need to bump up. I'd say go with the 9800GTX+ I recommended and this PSU to stay close to your budget.

Back
Top Bottom