Monitor

LMNightOwl

Beta member
I have a thinkpad 240 laptop that recently had a screen error, upon taking it apart i found that the connection between the screen plug and the motherboard had broken. After realizing resoldering was not an option (also lost one of the plug pieces :/) I began devising many other solutions... all ending in failure.
Because the computer works fine (and so does the screen) I was hoping for a solution that did not involve investing a lot of money.
I'm looking for some way to keep this machine portable and maintain it's small size... yet still be able to view the screen.
I've thought of iPod, hacking my mini photo frame (Sharper Image) and somehow reconnecting the screen in another fashion.
Any advise or idea's would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

No. the hinges work fine, the ribbion that is connected to the screen which plugs into a plug on the motherboard... the part attached to the motherboard came off. But i actually think i found a solution to this problem, a friend of mine gave me an old pda that I think I can use. (Other suggestions are still welcome)

PArts like screen ribbons are normally quite cheaply replaced, and if you've got the knowledge to evaluate the likelihood of soldering working and the know how to open the laptop i'd say you had sufficient knowledge to do this fix yourself.

Back
Top Bottom