PS3/xbox 360/wii games on pc?

pud

In Runtime
can you build a pc to play any of these games on?
Im only asking because my gf wants a wii fit, and I saw somewhere someone buit a pc that could play ps1 games. So the topic quirked my interest.

no, you cannot. You would have to re-write firmware and stuff.

Theoretically you could just disassemble a Wii and shove all the stuff into a computer case :D

So, the answer is, no.

The answer is yes, and its possible through emulators.

The emulators themselves aren't illiegal, as long as you own the original console, and the ROMS aren't illiegal either (supposedly), as long as you have the original games, but its a touchy subject.

Many emulators are around, including ones that can play all the old systems, including Snes, Megadrive (Genesis), PS1, N64, but, when it comes to new consoles, no ones really managed it yet.

So no, you won't find a Wii emulator I don't think, that plays commerical games for a while, and as far as I know, there isn't a working Xbox 360, or PS3 one either.

You have to make sure you know what you are doing though, and read up on the emulators first before even attempting to run one, as many are fakes that I've encountered.

The answer is yes, and its possible through emulators.

The emulators themselves aren't illiegal, as long as you own the original console, and the ROMS aren't illiegal either (supposedly), as long as you have the original games, but its a touchy subject.

Many emulators are around, including ones that can play all the old systems, including Snes, Megadrive (Genesis), PS1, N64, but, when it comes to new consoles, no ones really managed it yet.

So no, you won't find a Wii emulator I don't think, that plays commerical games for a while, and as far as I know, there isn't a working Xbox 360, or PS3 one either.

You have to make sure you know what you are doing though, and read up on the emulators first before even attempting to run one, as many are fakes that I've encountered.

he was talking about somethign completely different kage...he was asking if he could build a computer and just install ps3 firmware on it.. like the actual console itself operating system...not emulators lol

No. They don't even have decent emulators for PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation consoles yet, let alone the new ones. You'll have to buy a Wii.

It will be years before we see a working current gen Emulator. Look at the last generation for example. There are emus for the XBOX/PS2/Gamecube but none are perfect or near it. I think the PS2(pcsx2) works best, but is far from complete. If you cant get her a Wii with Wii-Fit, get her into old school gaming! SNES, Genesis, PSOne, NES, MS etc. Those emu's are incredible!

Back
Top Bottom