ASUS P5QL PRO jumper problems

cowdood

Baseband Member
I have been running my computer for a couple weeks now fine, but I didn't bother with some of the jumpers when I first put it together. I am trying to get my front audio/usb ports on my case to work, so I need to know how to do the jumpers now. The mobo and case manuals are of no help.

There is a blue pin connector with 5 pins on one side and 4 on the other. The side labeled USB has pins labeled NC, GND, P2+, P2-, +5V. The other side is unlabeled and has +5V, P1-, P1+, and GND.

Coming from my case is a cord with a set of pins labled HD AUDIO, another set further down the cord labeled AC' 97, and then individual pins labeled: R-OUT and RET-R (same cord), L-OUT and RET-L (same cord), Ground, MIC-IN, and MIC-VCC.

Here are some pictures:

10mol0i.jpg

1zfn812.jpg

These seem to be only for the audio ports but that's just my guess. I have no clue where to put these as the labels don't seem to match (with the exception of ground). I know I haven't explained it well, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

The blue connector in the first pic is for your front USB ports. You just plug the connector form the front panel labeled USB into that, then plug that into one of the pin-out on the mobo labeled USB (page 2-28 in your manual).

The two connectors labeled HD AUDIO and AC' 97 will go into the corresponding pin-outs on the motherboard as shown on page 2-29 in the manual. You can use one or the other, but not both. You will also need to configure the sound in the BIOS as shown in the manual.

The separate pins you have shown are for motherboars that have neither HD audio nor AC' 97 connections and wont be used on your system.

Okay, the front panel USBs work now, but the audio doesn't. I have the HD audio hooked up to the audio pins in my mobo. It is set to HD audio and enabled in the bios. Neither the speakers or mic work (i tested a headset). Any other suggestions?

Yes, I installed Realtek audio software, and it has been working so far with my 6-channel speakers. I just want the front panel inputs for my headset. So unless there would be separate drivers for that, I have them all up-to-date.

Use the AC '97 connector instead of the HD Audio Connector.

You have to have a HD Audio front panel audio module to use the HD Audio facility. I think you have an AC'97 Audio front panel module and the designs are slightly different. I know that the HD audio front panels have added circuitry to detect the equipment you plug.

Try it and make sure you set the Audio in the BIOS to AC'97.

That should give you all your ins & outs on the front panel.

Page 2-30 in the manual.

Ah, I didn't think of that. Everything works now. Only I might have bumped something while inside the case; it takes about 5 seconds longer for the pc to actually "turn on" when I press the power button. It doesn't really bother me, but this didn't really damage anything did it?

Ah, I didn't think of that. Everything works now.

Great. :)

Only I might have bumped something while inside the case; it takes about 5 seconds longer for the pc to actually "turn on" when I press the power button. It doesn't really bother me, but this didn't really damage anything did it?

Thats strange. Make sure your PCI cards are seated properly together with all the plugs/connectors.

Back
Top Bottom