Brookfield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel kind of bad for him, but the man broke and disregarded many rules. It is useless to pretend that he did not get more chances than everyone else, and David was certainly into keeping him; however, rule-breaking must be punished and Brookfield's demodding and subsequent ban were just that.

Posted by xguynameddavex

No offense intended, but didn't you start the thread about whats going on in iraq?

Thats pretty controversal, well alot more controversial than the arrogance of americans.

Dont get me wrong, that thread was beaten to death, but you saying alot of controversial threads are getting started, and your also creating them!

PS: Your house in the all new member photos thread looks really cool, looks like a real relaxing place.

Posted by Brookfield

There is no "Iraq" thread, you mean "Americans" I think, macbrook [Guru] started that one, a Guru is supposed to have sense & experience, doesn't say much for him, does it?, I wouldn't know about being a Guru, I was never one, I was a junior member with very few posts when Iwas made up to mod, I didn't apply, the position was offered to me, only a few weeks after joining, I was surprised & pleased!, oh yes, my place is just right for me on my own, thanks .

Posted by xguynameddavex

I wasnt talking about the american thread, i was talking about your comment in the american thread the one about starting controversal threads, then upon reading that post, i was just informing/reminding you of your recent controversal thread about the massacre, noticing it to be a little hypocritical.

Posted by Brookfield

Yes, yes, I've been thinking it over, & I was hypocritical, sorry about that Dave, we used to get on well, you & me, the pressure on those damned argumentative forums, + the 30c heat, really got to me

Maurice.

Posted by Brookfield

You still have twisted view on all this, now you think that some of the children were possibly those who normally bear arms aginst the allied forces, maybe, but they weren't on this occasion, that's the point, now, you are within a hair's breadth of a week or longer ban, strike two, don't let there be a strike three

It stays open, for now.

Posted by xguynameddavex

Why am i in wrong for yet again STATING MY OPINION??? Just because my opinion is different from yours, that does not make it right to threaten me with a ban, i don't like people who fight AGAINST my country, that doesn't mean i hate all who were injured and killed and am glad that it happened, not by any means, But i am glad when one of MY SOLDIERS takes a step closer to victory by eliminating a threat.

Like i said, there is NO REASON for you to ban me, i did nothing wrong!!! show me, go ahead, show me, were it says no ones allowed to state an opinion in opposition to a mod, it doesn't exist, your just bitter because i have an opinion against yours, and i will say it again, thats no reason for me to be on some sort of strike 2 mode.

Upon creating that thread, what did you expect? every one to agree with you about the problems in iraq? That isn't the case, because everyone is open to the same amount of an opinion as anyone else, mod or not. Of course your going to run into some people who have opinions about the incident that aren't the same as everyone else. Anyone can come into the thread and say "wow, that's horrible." But does that contribute? No it doesnt, it only restates the obvious and enhances post count, and thats is one thing that we try to avoid.

Posted by Brookfield

OK Dave, you've made some good points, I guess that I was over-anxious about arguments developing, there's a fine line between discussions & arguments, & I thought your posts were borderline, now I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you've explained yourself very well, what I am saying is that basically you're a good guy, I mis-interpretated your views on the subject.

Your grammar & way of expressing yourself lifts you above members, who can't spell, or post as though they are texting, I don't understand half of what they're saying, I haven't got a mobile phone, never found the need.

Maurice

There are a couple more but as you can see if anyone would have had the guts to stand up to him and be real instead of holding it all in and taking it out on him with a ban, you would have realized he is a very understanding person.

But I guess the issue is dead, so I won't drag it out any further.

Never had a problem with him personally. From my understanding, he sent out abusive emails and private messages to members.

tbf at the end of the day, i think the age thing was a problem. he was 60 odd, most of here are youngish.

He was banned because he was a terrible mod, abused his powers, and had nothing relevant to say, and only posted to cause offence and arguments.. this place is much better (and quieter) without him..

Watch it. . .

I'm not that old, but I'm older than many here. :p
hehe, but he was well over 60. it was bound to cause problems. 40/50 isnt so bad (not sure how old you are, but 50 max surely). 60+ is bound to cause issues sadly :(
i emailed him not so long ago actually. hes happily modding another forum, so i guess it ended well for everyone.

hehe, but he was well over 60. it was bound to cause problems. 40/50 isnt so bad (not sure how old you are, but 50 max surely). 60+ is bound to cause issues sadly :(
i emailed him not so long ago actually. hes happily modding another forum, so i guess it ended well for everyone.

Woah there... I'm 62, do you have anything against that?

I don't think age was the problem. My grandfather who is in his up 60's is pretty competent when it comes to computers and their usage. It's all a mind set. I don't think he was open to learning what using a computer really meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom