ram installation???

amp27

Daemon Poster
so i got 2 more gigs of ram, the exact same asthe one in my pc already. but hiw do i know that the speed is double and not just double the size. windows is reading it as 4 gb. how should i set it up to duoble the speed of the ram. i think that what people do anyway. 2gb is plenty for me just need faster. my school is getting up to my specs and i dont like it.

thanks. all spec are in sig

yeah your not doubling the speed you are doubling the amount which in turn makes the speed faster because you can do more things quickly since there is more space for the computer to use instead of the ram filling up and making the computer have to wait to use the memory you have.

Not necessarily faster, but things should run smoother. You can have more apps running at the same time, games should load and play smoother.

By putting the extra memory in, it's on there. The memory is running at the same speed, but you have more of it.

so i got 2 more gigs of ram, the exact same asthe one in my pc already. but hiw do i know that the speed is double and not just double the size. windows is reading it as 4 gb. how should i set it up to duoble the speed of the ram. i think that what people do anyway. 2gb is plenty for me just need faster. my school is getting up to my specs and i dont like it.

Ok.

In your spec you quote Wintec 2GB 240pin DDR2 800. I assume that this is one 2GB stick.

Now that you have 2 X 2GB RAM it will run in 'dual channel' mode. Much better that running in 'single channel' mode as before.

Although you should be getting double the RAM speed in dual channel mode it really is only a 5% increase in speed usually. Probably more in memory intensive tasks.

If your running dual channel mode you'll see 128Bit with the size of the RAM at the RAM check page, in BIOS, during start up.

Back
Top Bottom