1st gen vs. 2nd gen ps3s

newguy11

Baseband Member
so im looking to buy a ps3. i dont know if i should buy my friends old one, or a new one? i am hesitant because i dont know if they have different blu ray players in them? and somebody also told me the old ones have a single laser diode and the new ones have a double diode reader...? please advise thank you!

Re: laser diode reader

Please refrain from posting two identical threads. And I didn't know there was any difference between newer and older PS3s.

buy new one. but if you can get a used one for cheap..go ahead. theres really no logical difference.

Re: laser diode reader

o sorry. i was just trying to find out answers =p and i dont know if there really is a difference with blu rays, thats what im trying to find out

IIRC, the first ones that came out can play PS2 games, but the graphics are bad. (and maybe more USBs?)
and the newer one cant play PS2 games because they removed that feature.

so im looking to buy a ps3. i dont know if i should buy my friends old one, or a new one? i am hesitant because i dont know if they have different blu ray players in them? and somebody also told me the old ones have a single laser diode and the new ones have a double diode reader...? please advise thank you!

Wont really matter.

40gigs have no backwards computability. All have blue ray players in them. Thats the ps3 disk format.

If you buy a new one you won't have backwards compatibility with ps2 games. I don't know if that matters to you or not though.

Back
Top Bottom