Windows XP installation asking for SP2 CD - don't have!

tomirlik

In Runtime
At the moment, I've formatted my hard drives and am installing a fresh Windows XP MCE. However, it is now asking me to insert a CD with SP2, though I never had one? Is there anyway to skip this and update later after installation? Can I download the SP3 ISO image, burn it, and use that to install? Otherwise, I'm pretty much stuck now.

Did you get it in a way that you didn't pay for it? Most of those (make that all) copies are just windows xp pro made to look like MCE. Or did you buy a new OEM copy or use a copy of it that came with your computer?

Did you get it in a way that you didn't pay for it? Most of those (make that all) copies are just windows xp pro made to look like MCE. Or did you buy a new OEM copy or use a copy of it that came with your computer?

I got my XP MCE legally when I purchases my computer from MDG (Canadian computer retailer). It came with 2 disk installation CDs, that's all.

I found an ISO I can burn of SP3 from Microsoft Download Page? Will that suffice for the installation?

I got my XP MCE legally when I purchases my computer from MDG (Canadian computer retailer). It came with 2 disk installation CDs, that's all.

I found an ISO I can burn of SP3 from Microsoft Download Page? Will that suffice for the installation?

That should work

You're saying that you don't have the second CD? The needed service pack is on the second CD.

It may see a burned copy of SP2, but I can't say for sure.

The second CD should have SP2, no?

Oh my goodness, it turns out the necissary files are back on Disk 1!!!! Installation is now continueing :)

What a mindjob, never thought I'd have to go back to disk 1.

I hope those few restarts won't screw up my installation.:rolleyes:

Thanks anyways for the fast responses, guys. May my new installations go off without a hitch.

Now the installation keeps looping! It stopped at 14 min remaining when "registering components", and now its back to over 35 minutes!

What?

Back
Top Bottom