My first site for a client!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly... I haven't used a single frame... Secondly... Yea it doesn't look that great at all, which is why I am working on my third go at it... Trying different styles, and the what not figuring out exactly what I want it to be.... Thirdly... I haven't used a single bmp... so I have no idea where your coming up with that bs..
Also I have done 2 different designs... One tabled... One table-less (meaning divs and css... So if your using Internet Explorer... I can understand why would would think it is a monstrosity)... Personally as I said before, it isn't what I want it to be... So thanks for the criticism, but I think you might want to take a better look at it first... Also please if you think those are bmps and frames... Well... Shows how little you know...
You wouldn't host from your house huh? Well that is great... Except I tried that whole paying for hosting thing... Didn't like it... a simple little script kiddy was able to get passed their security... Yet the same script kiddy, who has been trying to get to my site, still hasn't... At least at home I know that a simple little script kiddy isn't going to have access to all my work...

You'll get yourslef banned from here pretty quick if you keep being so agressive

Ok seriously... That was not being aggressive at all... Please explain to me how you think that is being aggressive? I was simply explaining myself on that... I wasn't being rude, I was more or less agreeing...

I have no idea where your coming up with that bs..
Also please if you think those are bmps and frames... Well... Shows how little you know...

Just little things, not that last post specifically, i meant in general.

Most of your posts have been fine burn420, apart from post 20 and 22, please do not continue to post like that, they are unacceptable.

Well yea I would say that I did get a bit out of hand before; in which case I did apologize to that person... I am sorry I am blunt... but if I will get banned simply because I can be blunt in my opinions... Then I would rather be banned for being me, then to let some site take away my rights... Also if you think I am actually being aggressive at any point so far... Wow I would really love to see your fantasy world... Cause in the real world, people aren't so nice...

Thank you T-Man... as I said to esl before I apologized for being as rude as I was... and I know I got out of hand... I do my best not to..

No mate you wont be banned for being blunt and voicing your opinions, all we ask is that you do it without resorting to abuse.

Firstly... I haven't used a single frame... Secondly... Yea it doesn't look that great at all, which is why I am working on my third go at it... Trying different styles, and the what not figuring out exactly what I want it to be.... Thirdly... I haven't used a single bmp... so I have no idea where your coming up with that bs..
Also I have done 2 different designs... One tabled... One table-less (meaning divs and css... So if your using Internet Explorer... I can understand why would would think it is a monstrosity)... Personally as I said before, it isn't what I want it to be... So thanks for the criticism, but I think you might want to take a better look at it first... Also please if you think those are bmps and frames... Well... Shows how little you know...
You wouldn't host from your house huh? Well that is great... Except I tried that whole paying for hosting thing... Didn't like it... a simple little script kiddy was able to get passed their security... Yet the same script kiddy, who has been trying to get to my site, still hasn't... At least at home I know that a simple little script kiddy isn't going to have access to all my work...
Just because you had one bad experience with a host doesn't mean they all suck. If you chose decent hosting, then you wouldn't have had that problem.

I am sorry that I accused you of using frames, That was wrong of me. However, I did notice that you didn't have any HTML tags (or any title or head tags for that matter) which I must say confused me. I use firefox, but shouldn't need a tabled version for internet explorer - I'm not saying your a bad coder, but you needn't re-code your website for IE, you just need to make it follow standards

Your main logo is a 255kb BMP, which should really be replaced with a gif/jpeg/png.

Works for me... and as I said I do my best not to be rude, but we all have our times of loosing grip, or something of the sort...

Yea I don't use any html tags... Nearly every piece of every page is done through php... I just checked on the main banner... I thought I had converted that to jpg... but now that I think about it, I think it was cause the way I made it converting it to jpg, made it look like crap, and png was too big in size or something of the sort... I will probably go back and try it again... Though what probably happened was as I was testing out different banners, I probably tested that one and then just left it to move on to the next step in the project without actually thinking about it...
But as I was saying, the entire page is php scripted... With php you don't need to use html tags, and with the CSS2, Internet Explorer doesn't suppord CSS2, the W3C petitioned Microsoft to include CSS2 support in Internet Explorer to keep up with the W3C standards... But they insist on not doing so... Though there was talk about the newest release of IE to include some aspects of CSS2... So in order to have IE users look at the site without everything going completely out of whack, I had to either decide to not do CSS2, or to do a tabled design...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom