My first site for a client!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean no disrespect eslfish... But to use a program to develop a website, doesn't take any actual skill... Though I will say it is good to know that you are willing to except that you are still a noob, and you are learning... I really hope you learn to be able to do sites that you did, without the use of a program... I think once you get the hang and understanding of coding... You would probably look back at this and be pissed off at yourself... Or at least in my personal opinion I would be very pissed at myself for it... Again I apologize for coming off rudely... And I really hope you don't become one of those greedy bastards out there that I hate a lot; overcharging people for a service that should be relatively cheap... Like for instance... I did a content management system for a client, the system was to display his inventory of antique furniture... I did the system for 700 bucks, only one place in town gave me a quote close to what I charged... The rest of the quotes were from 1500 to 4500 bucks... Outrages the way places want to over charge for something so damned small... Though it did take a good amount of time lol

What do you write again? I was thinking about trying to figure out HTML

Do you mean what languages I know? ... C/C++, MySQL, Php, Perl, Python, X/D/Html, Javascript, CSS, IDS/IPS(Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems)... and I am learning Assembly, and Binary...

Well I have gotten to the point where I can learn a typical language in the matter of a month or two... but I have been working at it all for about 10 years now... Started when I was 10, but I am counting from 11 lol... gonna spend time with my girl I will be back on later... Also I invite you to come to my site, and message me in my forum if you would like, or also I am on Aim, and Yahoo all the time if you ever have questions or need some help throughout your journey in computers... lol

http://newrealm.no-ip.info - I assume you made thatsite? In my opinion, i'd rather have someone use Drupal (Which, by the way is good) and pay them $300 than pay $300 to have somthing made that looks like http://newrealm.no-ip.info/. Seriously - Your using BMP's and about 0 frames (note to self: get your facts right, joe!)?

Hosting your own website from your home server isn't a problem - But I wouldnt dream of hosting a site from my house.

Also, many clients want to be able to update their site easily. It's not financially viable to code a CMS yourself if you are gaining $300 from the site - So, why not use drupal? "Gets the job done, aye!"

I know what you all mean about how he just installed drupal and popped a theme/logo in place, though. I have no objections to using drupal, but for $300 a little more... customization could have been done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom