Random Chit Chat

Re: Random Chit Chat #4

Speaking of tests...I have to take the ACT this week in school! :(

Good luck! Remember to read the least you can in the science part. The only paragraphs I read were the ones that asked about comparison. Everything else is pretty much reading graphs if you know the background information. If you don't it can be a little more challenging, but it can still be done without reading the information given. The 2 times I took it I got 34 and 33 respectively on science. Overall, they were 30 and 31 respectively. On the math try to get a rhythm going, it helps a lot. Try to spend at most 45 secs on a question. If it takes longer move on to come back later. I have no advice for English because I'm horrible at it, always my lowest score. For reading you have 2 options: read quickly and answer, or look for answers in the text. I tried the second method on my first time and I got a 29. I tried the first method on my second time and I got a 30.

Good luck! Remember to read the least you can in the science part. The only paragraphs I read were the ones that asked about comparison. Everything else is pretty much reading graphs if you know the background information. If you don't it can be a little more challenging, but it can still be done without reading the information given. The 2 times I took it I got 34 and 33 respectively on science. Overall, they were 30 and 31 respectively. On the math try to get a rhythm going, it helps a lot. Try to spend at most 45 secs on a question. If it takes longer move on to come back later. I have no advice for English because I'm horrible at it, always my lowest score. For reading you have 2 options: read quickly and answer, or look for answers in the text. I tried the second method on my first time and I got a 29. I tried the first method on my second time and I got a 30.

A 30 is great! I'm just hoping to get a 21 because that's average...thanks for the advice!!

a 1430. Sorry to disappoint but that's below the national average...i think

I got a 2140, and I'm still kinda regretting not taking it again....

a 1430. Sorry to disappoint but that's below the national average...i think

I got a 2140, and I'm still kinda regretting not taking it again....
Out of 1600 :)

It was my first practice real SAT, so I screwed up the essay pretty bad. The PSAT doesn't have writing on it, so I didn't really what what to do. I got a 500 on the writing, so I got a 1930 overall.

Colleges (at least around here and at least for what I want to go into) don't really look at the writing section, but I'm hoping the course I'm taking can get me into the 700s for reading and raise the writing a bunch.

how old are you?

its true that many colleges don't look at writing, which hurts me cuz i got a 710 on it :/

but you should def strive to get 700/750+

many ivies or top 100 universities do take writing into consideration

The writing portion is the second easiest. They resuse the same 20 questions. The essay is a joke. It doesn't have to be logically coherent, all you have to do is show that you can prove something, gramatically correct and in the usual 1 intro 3 paragraph 1 conclusion format

For my essay, I wrote about how I broke out of jail and robbed someone to prove a point :D

I'm thinking about picking up an iMac locally that has been reported to me as faulty, it's only the unit, no keyboard or power cable and it'll cost £25. I might pick it up and try and fix it, but will it be worth while financially?

I'm thinking about picking up an iMac locally that has been reported to me as faulty, it's only the unit, no keyboard or power cable and it'll cost £25. I might pick it up and try and fix it, but will it be worth while financially?
Possibly the only fault it has is that it's a mac... They are a pain too use...

About the writing thing, it depends on what you are going into. If techinical, then they probably won't look at the writing, if English, then they probably will look at it.

Back
Top Bottom