Negative Reputation

So the little green bars don't mean you're smarter or more helpful. To me any way...

In a way, I agree seti...but in a way, I don't. Hear me out...

First off, if we eliminate the rep system, post count will most likely still be displayed. Not everyone with thousands of posts are very "up on things" or able to provide "quality" knowledge. For instance, I'm not calling him out or trying to insult him, but right now I'm helping Trivium Nate and he has thousands of posts but hardly and rep...and he clearly doesn't know as much about computers (at least, current things) as we do...BUT his rep is low, so people may take that into consideration when getting advice from some in a situation like him. That's my fight against dropping the rep system.

My fight for keeping it is that for people like me who have a slight number of posts, compared to people like yourself, is that we still get recognized as being "knowledgable" if that makes sense. For instance, I might look kind of dumb to new members if I didn't have at least some rep..if all that was showing was my post count people may disregard me and listen to someone who's in the situation of Trivium.

Does that make sense?

I'm not picking sides though...just wanted everyone to hear me out.

I've gotten neg rep for trying to learn on here by asking a fairly dumb question! But hey! What can I say? I learn a ton from this forum... ^_^

If someone gives you negative reputation it is usually because you did something they judge to be bad and their simply trying to help you out. Negative rep. is supposed to be constructive advice, no? What pisses the hell out of me is when people give it back to you for no reason. Goddamn people, grow the f*** up. I've said many times, I don't mind getting negative rep. if it's because I did something wrong, but please, giving it just for revenge....give me a break. The next person who gives me a neg. rep. because I gave a neg. rep. will be neg. repped every time I find myself able to do so. I don't care if you think this is childish or not...you obviously care about your rep. if you're doing this so I will take it away.
They couldn't annoy you if they were dead.

Jus' sayin'

And I neg back, but I also rep back ;)

Qwitcherbitchin'

There was a poll here recently asking whether or not we should keep the rep system, it was overwhelmingly for keeping the rep system. Learn to take the good with the bad people..........

this is a dictatorship.

David is dictator, he lays down the law. no ifs ands or buts.

but sometimes he likes to ask for input.

Back
Top Bottom