Q6600 Running a lil warm

91shelby

Baseband Member
Well recently My Q6600 with an arctic freezer pro started running between 110-125 degrees F, when before my average temp was in the 80 degress f range, i checked to make sure it was secured and it is, i checked the thermal paste all good, and the fan is spinning at is normal speed, any ideas? or different heatsinks that would be good? this one is a good heatsink but im not sure why its running warmer than usual.

Did you overclock it? Make sure the heatsink is clear of dust and debris. See what processor are running in the background.

Those are normal temps for the stock cooler, but you had an aftermarket cooler on it. Is there any increased load on it? The temps that you were getting before were really good. When computer temps are measured, it's usually in Celsius, regardless of your location.

i Know its usually in C, no it is running the stock 2.4ghz, yeah i liked the temps i was getting before but now going from 35C up to 45-48C, I could understand if it was a stock cooler but its one of the best AC cooling 775 heatsinks in my opinion at full load before i would hit 37C. And the heatsink is clean and fully secured

my opinion at full load before i would hit 37C.
Even the best air coolers (and the Freezer is not one of them) do not keep a CPU at 37c at full load. Anything under 70c at full load for a Q6600 is absolutely fine. I'd expect you'd be in the 50s under full load with the Freezer.

I'd have to say that your temp monitoring software was/is a bit goofy. Even my X2 5000+ BE never ran lower than the mid to high 40's under load using an AC Freezer Pro 64. AMD CPU's are also known to run cooler than their Intel counterparts.

yeah it probably was the software, though the bios read the same before hmm oh well as long as 40-45C isnt too warm for it

yeah my q6600 with stock cooler is running at 44c under full load..when i say full load im talkinga bout two world of warcrafts running..playing css and having adobe photoshop and sony vegas all up at once..

44c is 115..i think were fine here on the temps :)

Back
Top Bottom