how does this setup look for an HTPC?

I trust Samsung more than Sony for some reason, so at the same price, if you want the all-black stealth look, go for this.

Seriously, you will not see the tiny bit of white...I guarantee it. I have 2 of these drives and my computer is literally 2 feet in front of me and I can't see it.

done, samsung one it is...saved all as wishlist. $800cdn shipped. I added a zalman 9500 cpu cooler and I still need a psu, I saw the one you posted earlier...but $100 makes me wonder.

What do you mean? That OCZ PSU is amazing..I have the 500W version. If you have headroom, I'd look for a better case IMHO.

dont take this wrong, because Im not familiar with costs for computer parts....but $100 for a power supply took me back, as it seemed to me quite pricey. As I said tho, Im not familiar with parts or their prices so forgive any ignorance.

Sorry...I couldn't find the link for this before...that will do just fine. BTW...PSUs in USD usually cost 40-70 dollars for a "good" one. I'm assuming that works out close to 80-100 in CAD but idk..I got sick of converting in google. I was also factoring in the rebate (by converting as well...ugh) and so that's why I recommended it.

All I'm saying is this: You can use the one that comes with the case but chances are it's a generic POS. If it goes out in a fury of overvoltage, don't come crying and say I didn't warn you when everything is fried in your 'puter :D

You could re-use your hard drive and your optical drive. Everything else is going to be very outdated. MB, RAM, CPU are worthless, and the case is going to mATX and a very poor power supply. I'd plan a build similar to what we've been discussing.

Back
Top Bottom