hello

CS 1.6 is a game, and building a computer just takes some common sense and a little help from people who know what you don't know, once you start it'll amaze you how easy it really is, the hardest and most important part of building is the preparation, getting the most for your money and making sure everything is compatible...

This is very good advice here....:D:D

If you dont really feel comfortable jumping right into building a computer you could try and find a free old comp that doesn't work open it up and play around with stuff inside. Although a lot of the connectors and features may be different the concept and hardware is the same. For the most part the wires can only connect in a designated place so it is mostly common sense and the mobo usually comes with a pretty good manual which shows everything well. Youtube also has quite a few build tutorials if you learn better by watching... As for compatibility you tell people on here what your budget is and poof your whole build is layed out for ya... You can ask questions along the way and get a really good feel for why those parts are compatible....:D:D:D

well i have an mm 2001 dell computer its been collecting dust for awhile i'll probly just look inside and mess around with that first like you said... um could i use that dell case to build on to?

um could i use that dell case to build on to?
You could if you want to, it's not going to be a very good case and it most likely has poor airflow. It's probably uATX as well which would limit your options when it comes to motherboards. A decent case can be had for $40, so it's worth it IMO.

^ its our life and blood man. It runs through our veins like the very blood we survive on.

I can feel the life force surging through my body as I enter the presence of a computer.

WUTANG ~!!

no. no its not. if you do that, Microsoft will destroy your computer. Their entire IT department will rappel down from black hawks onto your roof in the middle of the night, on Christmas eve with M4A1s, desert eagles and flash bang grenades.

Their gonna rip open a hole in your roof with an rpg.

You're gonna be like "what the f? who the hell is in my kitchen"

Right when you turn the corner.....

BAM. Head shot.

You JUST GOT DEAGLED IN THE FACE !

Yea....their hard core.

Wow.. your posts are fackin hilarous

alright. so am i going to need a large tower or mid or does it even matter.. and can some one give me some tips on cpu and mother boards... ive been reading the sticky New Build Guide seems really help full.. Can someone tell me wat "PSU" stand for? and wats overlocking mean>? and crossfire.
What else am i missing besides a monitor,keyboard and mice..
This build will be based around overclocking grade parts that provide brilliant performance for the money when overclocked:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor
For $69, you can have what every overclocker dreams of, an unlocked multiplier. One simple change and you can have this CPU running at 3.0GHz to 3.2GHz. Of course, there are many more options that the more experienced overclocker can fiddle with to extract even more performance. At 3.2Ghz, this processor is roughly as fast as the much more expensive Core 2 Duo E8200.

CPU cooler: XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler
Of course, to achieve a decent OC, you'll need an aftermarket cooler. But on a budget like this, a TRUE is out of the question. Xigmatek offer some brillaint coolers at great prices.

Motherboard: ASUS M3A78-EM AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Although this is a uATX board, I would still recommend it over the AMD 770 chipset, mostly due to the integrated HD 3200 that can Crossfire with the HD 3650. It will still do the 5400+ justice overclocking wise.

Memory: OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
OCZ are a decent memory manufacturer, and you can expect some reasonable overclocking performances from these modules. And 4GB of DDR2 is so cheap, so you might as well.

PSU: OCZ OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Remember, it's quality over quantity here, and this OCZ will power this system with ease and won't lock down your overclocking.

Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 330 RC-330-KKN1-GP Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
I'm a big fan of this cheap and cheerful case. In fact, my system was sitting in one not too long ago! The perforated front panel and dual 120mm fans provide good airflow to keep those overclocked parts nice and cool.

HDD:
As we don't have $150 to spend on a Raptor here, again, here's just a small suggestion: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500AAKS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Disk drive: SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R
Boooring... let's get to the graphics card!!

GPU: SAPPHIRE 100255DDR4 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
The HD 4670 is a 55nm part which means that it's very overclockable. Complete with an improved cooler, you should be able to squeeze lots more performance out of this card than what the stock speeds allow for.

TOTAL: $448
After rebates: $428

Options:
- BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Pay $25 more for a 790GX and you can have Crossfire support. A nice bonus if you would like to add another ATI card later.

Back
Top Bottom