Help!!

Turtle24999

Solid State Member
I know this thread doesn't fit this forum, but I'm desperate right now!! I'm trying to hook up a second internal hard drive, but when the computer is turned back on it says that no operating system can be found?? I'm pretty new at installing things but have seen a few videos and have some info, but have no clue what is wrong. When hooking up I'm using secondary connections on the ribbon to the mother board and the power supply. putting the new hd between the exsisting hd and the motherboard. Please help!! What's wrong??

Is this a new drive you are installing or is it used?

If it's used, was it working in the last machine it was in? I've seen bad drives cause these types of problems.

As above for sure.

Also make sure you configure the hard drive as a 'secondary' drive using the jumper cap on the rear of the hard drive.

As above for sure.

Also make sure you configure the hard drive as a 'secondary' drive using the jumper cap on the rear of the hard drive.

Thanks for the help! The one thing I did wrong was I had the caps backwards! It was still a master instead of a secondary unit. I'm new, live and learn! Thanx Alot!!

Back
Top Bottom