Anyone with knowledge of installing a shopping cart on web site?

Then again, I didn't get paid for doing that site for my uncle, so I wasn't going to spend the time on PHP. Since you're getting paid a considerable amount of money, you should probably do the best job you can. Just let her know it may take a bit longer to add that.

It was all pre-agreed. I had her look at sites I've done, and she agreed that HTML would be just fine. At the time, she did not want a cart. It's not me who's changing things, but her...if she wants to go elsewhere, then she can--I told her what I could provide in the beginning and she committed. She wants the PayPal dealy anyways so it's not a big deal...pretty much copy and paste from what I can understand...she can't afford an SSL certificate so she's going that route. I'm CONSIDERABLY cheaper than anyone else around, so I'm not overcharging; I'm probably 1/10 of the cost of anyone else, so she knows she's getting a good deal.

I don't have anything done yet. Terms needed to be worked out. However, it's hot glass necklaces so I doubt any of you will be interested :p

Godaddy.com has ssl for about $30. Just a little tip for ya.

Chances are it probably runs through their site, though...especially for that price. GoDaddy is the crappiest company I've ever worked with anyways...I'm switching my domain from them to ASO when it's up. It's just pathetic..they don't even have a toll-free number, and it takes them 2 days to answer tickets. ASO answers in minutes. GoDaddy is way too advertised and a lot of people are tricked into their BS.

Actually they give you the cert. Just like any other, they also have the ones for 3459802353 dollars to lol.. It's just a little bit lower encryption. Which I don't think should matter TO much when there is only going to be what 30 items to buy? I mean how many could they really sell...

Actually they give you the cert. Just like any other, they also have the ones for 3459802353 dollars to lol.. It's just a little bit lower encryption. Which I don't think should matter TO much when there is only going to be what 30 items to buy? I mean how many could they really sell...

When your customers are passing their credit card information over the internet, it doesn't matter how many ITEMS are being sold.

I suppose you are right. What you could do is just do what I seen on a couple of websites out there. Is use paypal in a way where the user just sends the request to paypa. therefore there is no reason to enter any valuable info on your site at all. Just the paypal.

If you read the posts above, that's my intention. I've talked to the lady that I'm building the site for and that's the way she wants to go. PayPal takes a cut, but it's cheaper than finding someone to do it in PHP, use ZenCart, and buy an SSL certificate. She's a very small business, and to be honest, she'll probably sell diddly squat from the net...but I don't care, the site is money in my pocket. It'll look great when it's done and that's all I care about. I'll post a link for it when I get it finished and when it's hosted.

Back
Top Bottom