My core i7 build update

shark3149

Baseband Member
Hey guys.I have not been on in a while, I had to go out of town for a few weeks.I just wanted to let every one who helped me out know,I got the thing up and running.The thing is great.This was a birth day gift from my mom and I had no input on the parts she bought.The thing now is I would like to upgrade my gpu.I have a HD 3870 now and I play some games like cod4,and 5.My budget is only about $150.00 so could some one recomend a good card?Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the sujestions.I think I will save up some more and go with the Hd 4870 or maybe the HD4870x2.I should be able to do that in a few weeks.

Thanks for the sujestions.I think I will save up some more and go with the Hd 4870 or maybe the HD4870x2.I should be able to do that in a few weeks.

If you can afford the 4870x2, you should go for the GTX 295. What size monitor are you running?

I have a 20 inch acer.I only have a 700 watt power supply will that be big enough?

Yeah, the 4870x2 and the GTX 295 are way overkill. You should stick to a 4870 or a GTX 260 Core 216. Those should do you well and not break the bank. Even those cards would be a bit too much. But, they always leave you room to upgrade in the future. Your best bet would be the 512MB version of the 4870.

ok cool that saves a lot of cash.So witch one is better the 4870 or the gtx260?Or are they about the same?

ok cool that saves a lot of cash.So witch one is better the 4870 or the gtx260?Or are they about the same?

Depends on the game. Some favor ATI and others favored Nvidia. I have the Core 216. It depends on your motherboard. If it's Crossfire go for ATI and if it's SLI go for Nvidia.

Back
Top Bottom