Phenom II X3s unlockable to X4s.

That's simply amazing.
If it's not stable, can't you just revert back to the X3 or would there be any damage caused?

If it's not stable, can't you just revert back to the X3 or would there be any damage caused?
Just reset the BIOS if it doesn't boot or change it back if it boots but is unstable.

Yeah, I read about this, but the core was turned off for a reason. Surely, enabling it, even if it works, its not going to be a fully working core?

Yeah, I read about this, but the core was turned off for a reason. Surely, enabling it, even if it works, its not going to be a fully working core?
Like I said, there have been mixed results. Looking through some threads on another forums, it's about 50/50. For some, the fourth core wasn't stable (failed P95 etc), for others, it was perfectly functional, and didn't even hamper OCs.

So you take a chance, but it's a great payoff if you're lucky :p

I've already seen this about a week or two ago in Overclockers Australia forums. It's interesting though... :\

Yup, works good on a 790GX based board. I'm out of luck with my 790FX based board. I do have my Phenom II X3 720 BE running at 3.4GHz though. :D

Back
Top Bottom