4850 and 4870 in CF?

Tattered Wings

Baseband Member
Just got my new rig finished and im lookin to cf. I currently have a 4850 and was wondering if i culd set that up with a 4870??? 4850's like 125 and 4870's 150 soo 25 dollars for a performance increase would be nice... Post reviews or succesful attempts or somethin please. Thanks :)

I don't think you can cf two different cards.
They have to be the same AFAIK; there may be some cases where it works like from different manufacturers.
Someone confirm?

CF_combo_chart_Nov08.jpg

Ugh... i shulda started out with a 4870 in the first place. :(

Well while im at it... any one got a good 4850 cf vs 4870 cf review ta see wat im losin out on -.-

I don't think you can cf two different cards.
They have to be the same AFAIK; there may be some cases where it works like from different manufacturers.
Someone confirm?
Idk...i thought cuz they were both RV770's it would work, ur prolly right tho
Yes, it is possible, it won't be any faster than HD 4850 CF, but it is possible.

what games are you playing currently? I have a 4870 and I can tell you your not going to need to crossfire it with the 4850 you are better off just selling the 4850 and getting the 4870 and just running that

I play everything... Crysis cod4/5 mass effect, far cry 2, stalker clear sky... Ya i didnt want to have to sell and rebuy like usual... Thought maybe 4850's in cf would make up for it. Games run pretty smooth right now, the 4850 is a very powerfull gpu its not to far of the 4870... i just push for more and more performance.

"4850 Crossfire is about 40% faster than a single 4870, however bare in mind a few games aren't very optimized for multiple GPU's and so the 4870 may win in these rare incidents."

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/734/1/

The 4850 crossfire beats a single 4870 is most cases and performs similar to the 4870 crossfire in most games.

Back
Top Bottom