Strange issue: windows loses contact with devices and programs.

Dave@56

In Runtime
The problem is:
From time to time, especially when connected to the internet, my widows OS stops to configure devices. Most often I see the message - audio device is missing when I try to run winamp or some other audio application, the VPN connection is missing and unable to renew it, the desktop theme changes to default, video codecs are not recognized. Looks like windows has missed the contact with all those files and drivers, or partially shut off. o_O

After reboot everything works, untill the next time.

I have winXP sp3 installation CD. I have used it with my old and new pc. When it happened at first time - was using the five year old computer, and thought it was a hardware issue, but now my PC is completely new, and I think it is some widows issue..

There is not virus (made several scans with various Antivirus - nothing found)

What could it be and how to get it resolved.

Looks like it is - However I did not buy it. It was a presented to me.

Could it be file damage? Or tiny mechanical disc damage on cd.

This is strange indeed, infact I haven't encounter such problem but I believe an original window should be able to see any device if correct software is loaded.

This is strange indeed, infact I haven't encounter such problem but I believe an original window should be able to see any device if correct software is loaded.

Back
Top Bottom