Eh big upgrade questions

Yeah when i first get everything im going to assemble it outside the case to make sure it all works n maybe move it into the case n if that works out then ill keep it that way n maybe upgrade to a better case later or put it all in the case n leave the side panel off

thanks everyone for the help btw!!!
i really appreciate it im super stoked!!!! and i hope this all works out,

do i have to buy thermal paste when i buy the cpu? n what kind? thanks

thanks everyone for the help btw!!!
i really appreciate it im super stoked!!!! and i hope this all works out

You are the reason I'm still posting in this forum. It's fun to see people excited about computers, and excited to learn about them. I'm glad you like my setup...it should do you well!

do i have to buy thermal paste when i buy the cpu? n what kind? thanks

No, but it's recommended. Usually the thermal paste that is preapplied to the HSFs is OK at best. Grab yourself some Arctic Cooling MX-2...great stuff.

And I'll second Rohan's idea for a new case. In fact, then you won't need to get a mATX board. Let me see if there's a few better deals for an ATX board. I'll try and find you a decent, reasonable case.

I looked, and I'd just stick with the mATX board you're planning on.

How do you like this case? ..comes with PSU. Comes in green too, but I think it might be a little more.

It's actually the case I have. I wouldn't trade it for any other mid-tower case out there. I love it. And it's really come down in price. I got mine for about a hundred bucks with the PSU about 2 years ago. Sometimes they'll offer free shipping. BTW, that 9850 is ON SALE! :D

nice!!!
i think this Thursday(payday) I will be ordering the cpu n thermal paste
and then next Thursday i will order the mobo n cpu!

ill post pics n stuff!

nice!!!
i think this Thursday(payday) I will be ordering the cpu n thermal paste
and then next Thursday i will order the mobo n cpu!

ill post pics n stuff!

You can skip the thermal paste if you want. You'll see a few degrees of difference at best. I have an Antec 900 I am selling. It's been modded for cable management, but it still looks great. PM if you're interested. Focus on that 260 as much as you can. Once you pop that baby in. You'll feel like you're finally alive. Holding mine in my hands was like holding my first child. Such a great feeling. Once I move into my Cosmos, I'll be adding another one soon as I sell one of my computers.

Back
Top Bottom