Windows help

Qujibo

Beta member
My friend needed a computer. So I pulled out a few old parts for him. (biostar tforce4 sli mobo, 1 gig of ram, 7600gt, 4400+ dualcore, fans, 300watt psu, 250gb sata hd, atx case, dvd/cd drive). We got a copy of windows, and once we put togeather the computer, put the cd's in and told the bios to boot from cd, we got to the booting screen and said 'CD BOOT...' and that was it. I tried ejecting and putting the windows cd back in, in case I threw the cd in so badly it wasn't in the tray porperly. Then it started to install cd drivers and a few other things. Once it finished, it said 'E:/' and was pretty much dos. I tried 'help' and 'exit' and 'install' but none of those did anything. I'm sure all the hardware is compatible. Anyone have any ideas?

I got it off of newegg. Its XP Home SP 1, but I downloaded the upgrade to SP3 and was planning on updating it once SP 1 was installed.

hhmm... it booting into dos... that is pretty strange... it is possible they didn't burn the cd right... I would call them up and talk to them... Or try it on another computer if it does the same get your money back, or a new cd... If not then that is pretty strange, and I would suggest just going to linux lol

Back
Top Bottom