Really weird issue

20856753.png

Hmm... I connect to different switches/routers/whatever en-route to your server... This is to be expected, however you connect to a switch/router/whatever which is different to the one I connect to, and the step after that I connect successfully, whereas you dont... If you see what I mean. So basically, I am taking a successfull route to your server, whereas you are not.

My Tracert completes successfully, and the two step's before it connects to your server are

134 ms 134 ms 133 ms ae-7-1.cr01.clt.carohosting.com [216.54.211.242]

133 ms 134 ms 134 ms ve1.ds02.clt.carohosting.com [76.76.1.22]

whereas your two steps are:

I am not saying that this is abnormal, though.

If my "diagnostic" is correct, it is a problem between the datacenter and your ISP... Different ISP's/Induvidual Broadband connections will take different routes to the same server, and I think that the perticular route you are taking has some problems, if you see what I mean.

You can try resetting your router - I know that my ISP has 7 different pipes, and you somtimes get connected to different pipe if you re-connect.

Who is your ISP?

PS. Thanks for the info. It's good to have some one to compare tracerts with

Well, It's called ADSL24 - But a company called Entanet actually run's the service. They are like a Broadband Wholesaler :)

Works fine for me and I'm on virgin. It looks like its your ISP so should come back after a little while

Back
Top Bottom