Seatbelt Laws

I hit some ice/snow going around a corner about 40 MPH. The car started to skid from side to side then just rolled over I think once.. Not sure on the account that I hit me head. I landed it RIGHT next to a telephone pole right out side the driver side door and a huge tree right in front of me.

To say the least.. It was a wild ride.

Wearing a seat belt for me is second nature.. i don't drive without it on. Even if i am just moving my car.. its a GOOD habit

Same here, Its just natural to reach back and put a seatbelt on :) If your in an accident you take the chance of hurting and even killing anyone sitting in front of you if your not wearing a seatbelt, plus, I would hate to imagine what would happen if your head hit the airbag as your going forwards and its bursting out.

lol

I don't think it would at :19 or :27, either. Maybe if you get thrown up in the power line otherwise.

I think 27 would be survivable.

but the only reason I can see NOT wearing a seat belt is if you are moving cars around in the lot of a dealership to make it look nice and different all the time.

Well if I hadn't been wearing my belts when I pulled that face curtain I wouldn't be here either.

I think 27 would be survivable.

but the only reason I can see NOT wearing a seat belt is if you are moving cars around in the lot of a dealership to make it look nice and different all the time.

I was just saying I don't know how much a seatbelt would help you for that one, not that it wouldn't be survivable either way.

Final video is up. The crazy old lady I am doing the video for wanted the stuff where teh kid bounces around in the car cut, and all the crash pictures... I cut like 1 or 2, and left the other part in. She is an idiot, this is a video to inform kids, and this is the best way to do it with a 3 day deadline... If she told me a month before it was due I could have made it better.

The safety that seatbelts provide is debatable since there are a few scenarios where not wearing one does save your life, but the facts are the facts. Wearing a seatbelt has saved far more lives than not wearing one. The choice is yours...it's your life.

The safety that seatbelts provide is debatable since there are a few scenarios where not wearing one does save your life, but the facts are the facts. Wearing a seatbelt has saved far more lives than not wearing one. The choice is yours...it's your life.

and mine. Thanks to all the people not wearing seatbelts engineers have designed seat belts to help them at the cost of helping belted passengers slightly.

I would know. My grandpa worked in that industry designing parts for ever.

My mom was thrown out of a vehicle that then flipped and was totalled. The seatbelt would have killed her. Seat belts do saves lives too though.

I think it should be mandatory to wear a seatbelt until you are at driving age. Then you should be able to choose.

Problem with that is it's much harder to regulate.

Back
Top Bottom