Web design without programming

Hi,
I run a retailed garment shop and can afford little money for advertisement. I've been told that hiring a web designer is a costly affair. Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

You can follow the simple steps to create one by yourself.

1. Register a Domain Name www.yourdomainname.com
2. Purchase a web designing tool A4 Desk Pro Flash Website Builder
3. Publish your website through ftp.

I would suggest looking into web developers and getting some quotes. (We love to give quotes!! :)) What is costly for someone else may not be for you. Explore all of your options. Not that there is anything wrong with designing your own site, but it becomes a question of time vs. money. Which do you have more of, and which is more valuable. If time is more valuable (typically is, which is why web-designers exist in the first place), designing your own site for the first time and getting it to look exactly the way you want (and attract users to it) can be very time-consuming.

Bottom Line: just because you build a web-site, doesn't mean it will attract users to it (assuming thats the goal).

And if you want a store for people to buy things..... Well thats a different affair.

If however, you have some free time, and enjoy a challenging new experience, I suggest you get some books on web development.

Two products that will help you in designing your first site:
Adobe Dreamweaver
Microsoft Expression Web

Both products provide nice interfaces to drag and drop content onto your site.

Some good websites with tutorials on web design:
WebMonkey
W3 Schools
How to Build Websites

This should get you started. Please let us know how it goes!

So apparently we love to bid? ... hhmm I thought I just liked giving a very valuable and expensive service for cheap lol...
As Daeva said you can easily code your own site, but it really does depend on what you are wanting done... You said you have little money for advertisement... So if your looking into having a website simply for advertising... You really would want to weigh your options even more... If your just wanting some page to say your there, I suggest going to something like craig's list... But if your looking for something more like displaying your inventory, and the specs about it... Good luck getting that done with out any programming... Not trying to say you couldn't do it, but it would be very time consuming, tedious and pretty much a waste of time... For something like that it would be better to either learn to program, or find a developer...
Also just the same if you looking for something for people to buy online, then you have more then just programming to worry about... Then you would need a content management system, not only for you as the admin, but also for your clients... For that, if you learn to program you could probably set it up yourself, but otherwise it is best to use a developer...

Hi,
I run a retailed garment shop and can afford little money for advertisement. I've been told that hiring a web designer is a costly affair. Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?

you wouldn't buy the cheapest tackiest most poorly made shop front or shop interior.

why? because it'd drive business away, you want your store to be something that people want to walk into right?

well the same applies to a website. if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. (and not the god kind of code monkeys either).
if the site looks like it's been put together by an infant, or an idiot then are people serious going to buy online? giving their card details, if it make your shop look unprofessional and tacky are they really going to get up and go into town to find your store?

Websites don't have to be expensive, you should look around and get some quotes, whenever you get a quote also look to see what other works they've done and see how good they actually are.

if you just want to get a name out there, then there are a few places that you can d a link exchange programs, this means that you promise to link to their site, and they promise to link to your site.

that's free, and it helps people to find you and your site quicker also.

I defined some steps:

1. First you chose your domain. If you are a company you will chose a website with ".com" extension. It's more credibility.
2.Buy the domain, just search on google you will find. It cost about 10 dolars.
3.Download wordpress, from the official website.
4.Upload wordpress script, using a ftp client.
5.Access your domain , and install the script.

Please take care to web hosting company, you need to buy a hosting with mysql, php5 support.:)

Back
Top Bottom