Computer Business

Charge more for cleaning than for overclocking?

I think people would pay $50 for good overclocking. Repair cost should be specific to the type of repair needed. Like software repair would be good at $30, but if hardware is messed up, a lot more diagnostic work is involved. We could charge a flat diagnostic fee.

Just remember that $100 AU Is $60 US,And Prices here in australia are higher for PC Parts.

That's ridiculous. I think they key to our business here will be to not get greedy. 10% of the price of a build is enough I think. Then we can do $20 to set-up networks, $30 repair, $30 cleaning (takes a lot of work, probably one of the most underrated services), and like $25 for the overclocking.

You may just want to charge an hourly rate,for example i charge $60 an hour ($30 an hour for friends).

But he has to pay for the storefront, taxes, etc. You have to charge enough to turn a profit on it.

No,Im Home based - I WISH I had a store front.

Also joga,is Trey your friend whom you are going into bussines with?

Joga we should combine forces.. not sure what Ron would think about it, but it'd be an option. Our website is in sig, first pc sold is currently on the way to the customer.

Yeah. Well I've finished getting a build for this girl. After adding keyboard, monitor, and such the total came to $660 shipped. However, there is $50 worth of MIRs.

Here's the build

Gigabyte 780G
AMD 5400X2 BE/Xigmatek HDT-S1283 (Will be swapped for a AMD 6000/6400 if no OC'ing)
OCZ StealthXStream 600W PSU
4GB OCZ Reaper HCP 800MHz RAM
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
HIS HD4670 (should pwn CS:S)
CM Centurion 5
Asus 1680x1050 19"
Samsung 22x CD/DVD Burner
Microsoft Ergonomics keybord/mouse

I can easily go under. That's a rough sketch. I don't know exactly what she needs yet so I over did everything for now.

Back
Top Bottom