Computer Business

Oh yeah. I think we have a customer already. This girl from our school has a $600 budget to build a whole computer (including monitor) and needs it to run Source. I'm pretty sure we can get it done.

How much of that will be payment for building it?

I can OC it for free since she's a friend.

Make sure you ask if she wants it overclocked. Don't just assume that everybody wants their pc overclocked.

Oh yeah. I think we have a customer already. This girl from our school has a $600 budget to build a whole computer (including monitor) and needs it to run Source. I'm pretty sure we can get it done.

are you making any money from that $600?

my friend and I tried doing what you and your friend did back in High School. Only had one customer, i think we built him an $700 without monitor, and he gave me $100 for labor, so it was an $800 PC for him.
Now college came, and we pretty much just dont have the time and effort anymore.

Make sure you ask if she wants it overclocked. Don't just assume that everybody wants their pc overclocked.

Right. I'm still going to straighten out details with her. We're thinking about charging 5% of the total price of the computer for all builds. Does it seem reasonable? It may be too little. My friend wanted to do 10%. I think we might settle at 7.5% lol.

600 x .05 = 30 bucks. You would make 30 bucks for that PC in particular. 30/2 is 15. You and your friend would make 15 each if you split the profit in half. This isn't too bad I don't guess, money is money.

I think anywhere between 5 and 10 percent is good.

Back
Top Bottom