PC connected to HDTV - Problems

GunsOfPatriots

Solid State Member
Hello, I have a PC with a GeForce FX 5500 (outdated yes) Anyway, It is able to have a T.V connection through the card. Im using a DVI - HDMI plug. The DVI going in my video card and HDMI going in my Samsung HDTV. Now everything works fine desktop, web browsing etc... I try to open up Warcraft 3 TFT and it is very jittery and shaky. Its un playable I dont know what to do to fix this. Can someone please help me? Do I have to adjust refresh rates? Can I even fix this problem? Should I use a S-Vidoe cable instead?

Thank you

It seems like your card can't handle gaming that that resolution. You will have to upgrade.

Agreed. It's probably the card and the resolution. I can run my computer on a 36" (on a 4870) and it's fine with whatever and however many of whatever (WoW) I have open.

Try playing the game in windowed mode. Shrink the game to small and see if it still lags. If not, then yes it is your card.

Doing other stuff on your computer requires much MUch less of the card lol...

-Q

WC3: TFT is a great game (had to put that out there). Unfortunately it does not have a windowed mode. Without having to upgrade your card I would say your best best is to go into the video menu in the game and put all the settings on the lowest possible option. Or you can use the lowest resolution possible and see how far you can push the settings. Your graphics card should be able to handle the game at low settings because I could run WC3 on medium at 1440x900 with a GeForce MX440.

An FX5500 should run warcraft 3 just fine at almost any common resolution. 1600x1200 with 16 bit color played the campaign just fine with my old GeForce 2 MX 440.

Please elaborate more. Is the game's framerate really low, or is the picture just heavily distorted?

Ok I figured out the problem... I lowered the Resolution from 1024x768x32 to 800x600x32 and that's in game... But now Im having a another problem.. after about 5 minutes of game play my computer beeps and shuts off.. is it over heating the card?

Back
Top Bottom