Computer Business

My friend and I decided to open a computer business. We already have ads up in Craigslist and Facebook. Our services include: building computers, overclocking, setting up networks, repairing/cleaning, and upgrading. We have prices and such already worked out, however we are still looking for a name.

Here's what he came up with: VeriTech. I said we should VeraTech. To me VeraTech looks cooler, yet does not imitate the names of Verizon and such. Unfortunately the latin of veri (truth) is not present anymore. What's your guy's opinion?

I don't think VeriTech will get confused with Verizon. As long as your logo looks nothing like the Verizon logo, and the letters don't look the same.

That's what he said too, but I get the feeling people will think we're posing. I want our title to be original. He's now saying that Veri(a)Tech sounds too serious for small business of 2 highschool kids.

Overclocking? That might not be such a great idea...most computers won't support it, and if something goes wrong you're going to be responsible for paying for it...unless it's a computer you built for them.

I really don't think people will connect VeriTech with Verizon. Look at all the websites that start with Veri:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...lla:en-US:official&hs=0OG&q=veri*&btnG=Search
Actually, on the second page of results there's a VeriTech website.

Oh damn...we going to need to go VeraTech then. It's going to be like VeriTech Computers or something. As far as OC'ing it will only be an option available for computers we build for them. In the description I told him to put that it does cause the computer to run hotter and you need to maintain it clean to avoid heat damage. Extra performance does have a cost (as far as risk and money :D)

Oh yeah. I think we have a customer already. This girl from our school has a $600 budget to build a whole computer (including monitor) and needs it to run Source. I'm pretty sure we can get it done.

Oh yeah. I think we have a customer already. This girl from our school has a $600 budget to build a whole computer (including monitor) and needs it to run Source. I'm pretty sure we can get it done.
That's tight for $600...

$100 OS
$50 cheap case+PSU
$175 monitor
$80 video card
$80 motherboard
$25 DVD drive
$60 hard drive
$30 RAM
$80 processor

I got $680 right there...although that would run more than Source probably.

Monitor won't be that expensive. I plan on doing a AMD 5400+ BE build for her. I can OC it for free since she's a friend. I think she already has an OS.

Back
Top Bottom