Laptop Advice

I personally use and love my hp desktop...so hp was first on my list, but I guess what I'm still wondering is: alienware...are they the super awesome machines I've heard they are? Cause, honestly, the coolness factor is right up there.

JClark

I personally use and love my hp desktop...so hp was first on my list, but I guess what I'm still wondering is: alienware...are they the super awesome machines I've heard they are? Cause, honestly, the coolness factor is right up there.

JClark

HPs are just fine in my book. Alienware isn't worth it IMHO. They are way overpriced but I guess if you wanna spend 2500 bucks on a laptop, it's your choice.

And Neo, I don't think that Toshiba's that bad of a brand...they have a very good price/performance ratio...you just have to watch configurations.

But I do agree and say that Acer laptops are absolute junk.

Well after some more thought I've decided to go with an HP laptop around $1k that has a 2.5ghz (or so) dual core processor , at least 3gigs of RAM and the best graphics card I can get and keep it around $1k.

And then spend my own money elsewhere...possibly building a desktop for gaming.

So...my last question: I personally am an Intel and nVidia person., but I've heard people hear and there saying that when you exclude the new core i7s, AMD's Quad core processors perform better than Intel's Core 2 Quads......Any truth in this? If there is, is the difference worth getting and AMD over an Intel?

Head to newegg.com, go to laptops/notebooks and go to the advanced search, set the graphic type to dedicated and see what comes up. I just spent $650 on an Acer 2.1 duel core turion, 320gig HDD, 4gig ram, 512 mb radeon 3650 video card and that runs games like Crysis, Dead Space, Vanguard and Fallout 3 with no problem (medium to high graphics settings depending on the game). If you are looking at the $1000-$1500 range you're going to get a beastly laptop and you wont need anything else. Just be sure your video card is dedicated or it will be, for the most part, shit for any high end gaming. Here's their list of dedicated video laptops : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...escription=&Ntk=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

Back
Top Bottom