LCD Acer monitor help

ScopeDuhDope

Solid State Member
I got a old packard bell computer and a lcd monitor.
Well i found this LCD monitor and when i try to turn it on, it turns on but the monitor keeps resetting. As in, it turns on, shows Acer turns of and repeats. Is there anyway i can fix this? Or do i have to buy a new one? Because im really hoping to use this computer as my own for essays and yada. Thanks...

~~Scope

What's the computer doing while your monitor is reseting? If you have another monitor try that one on the computer.

-Q

Acts normal i guess. Nothing odd occuring. Same as i ran it on my other tv( which i moved because of no connection.) which was fine.

Is it vga or dvi? Try the opposing one.

1) Monitor could have a defect. 2) The AGP/PCI isn't set for agp in bios.
3) The video card is slightly lifted in the slot where you have an intermittent contact, but I doubt that because you said the TV works.

Um.. You have pci slots that you should know about.. Newer video cards (off board) use PCIe slots... older computers have AGP slots for video. Your computer might not be set to whatever setting you have.

Do you have an on board or offboard video card?

Try dvi. It MIGHT be the cable.. but probably not.

Its on board. And i used the same cable for the tv for this one. And i forgot to mention this, i've had this LCD monitor before ive had this tower and it was on my Compaq working and stopped. We got a new one and this one was downstairs hoping to fix it. Don't think it was the cable.

Ill try to make something happen in a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom