How well would my computer run? Gaming wise.

qwik

Beta member
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce graphics card 8400
4gigs of ram
500w power supply
AMD duo processor 64 2.9Ghz

Um yeah it will be good, probably could get a little bit better processor. Not by much though. With 4GB's of ram you should be pretty good.

Nvidia Geforce graphics card 8400
This is your problem, not the processor at all. The 8400 is a very low end graphics card not meant for gaming at all. If you want to improve the gaming performance, this is where you need to upgrade.

yea...vampist is just plain wrong

that cpu will run most games just fine without lag because the majority of your gaming experience is based on your gpu. I suggest you upgrade to a 9600 at least for gaming.

yea...vampist is just plain wrong

that cpu will run most games just fine without lag because the majority of your gaming experience is based on your gpu. I suggest you upgrade to a 9600 at least for gaming.

Hey. Hey. Hey. You can never go wrong with a faster CPU.

Thanks for the input, i've decided to upgrade to a nvidia geforce 9800 :)

I do not suggest you buy the 9800... It's just a Hybrid of the 8800 and has 15% Less power then the 8800. If your looking for power and dont care about saving energy, Buy the 8800 instead of the 9800.

thats a lie. They are the same card except the 9800 will run more efficient and overclock better. It will have more performance not less.

Holysky is correct. The 9800 is essentially a rebadged 8800. They have nearly identical specs and performances.

Back
Top Bottom