if i get a new cpu n mobo id want to sell all the old stuff

d945gcl mobo
Pentium D dual core processor @ 3.0 ghz
400 watt ATX power supply
8600GTs 256MB
2 gigs? of ram
or
4 gigs? of ram

depending on what mobo choice im given id sell the ram with that pc if its not compatible with the new one but if i keep my 4 gigs of ram for new pc i have 2 gigs of ram in closet id slap that onto the old mobo

holy nice monitor!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8718505&type=product&id=1200703079995

Basically for the performance, Intel is out of it. Mainly because their damn MBs haven't come down in price. Especially for a decent mATX...just silly. But either AMD system would do you good...obviously the 9850 would be faster, but the 9600 would probably suffice for a few years at least. I'm thinking an Intel system at this performance level would be about $100 (at least) to $200 more.

Those would all work according to the Intel link I provided you...they aren't going to be as big of an improvement as the Phenom build I listed though (or a respectable, but more expensive Intel build with maybe a P45 mobo and a Q6600 or a E8400 CPU). It's up to you, but if it were me, I'd wait till I had a bigger budget and would probably revamp that whole system...MB, CPU, and RAM. Plus that E6300 is way overpriced in comparison to the E8400. It'd be a rip off IMHO. And if you do a lot of gaming, the E4300 or E4700 probably won't be that great...in fact, I wouldn't even purchase the E7400 (even if it DID work with your mobo) if you are into gaming.

Back
Top Bottom